Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Modify Boyage Region  (Read 26789 times)

January 19, 2013, 12:53:02 AM
    • View Profile
Hi,
I Live in Brasil and here we use the IALA B. I,ve already downloaded the IDEaL and i would like to know if its possible to change the colour of the buoys.

January 19, 2013, 06:04:57 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, I've uploaded a zip file containing the buoys modified for IALA region B to
http://www.bridgecommand.co.uk/file/IALA_RegionB.zip

If you download this, find the 'Buoy' folder in the 'Models' folder in your Bridge Command installation folder, and replace it with the one from the .zip file.

In Bridge Command, all of the ship and buoy models are 3d model files, so you don't need to make any changes to the source code itself. To make these changes to the buoys, all I have done is changed the colour in the model files.

If you want to change the colour of the lights, find the 'world model' you want to change, and open up the light.ini file. For each light, you will see some settings like this for a red light:
Code: [Select]
Red(1)=255
Green(1)=0
Blue(1)=0

Since all red and green lights should swap colours, you can change this to a green light.
Code: [Select]
Red(1)=0
Green(1)=255
Blue(1)=0

If you swap all red and green lights, the world model should now be set up for IALA region B.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

January 28, 2013, 04:55:19 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
 8) It works fine, Thank You.

March 13, 2013, 06:07:45 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile
I have practice with world editor, altering buoys characteristics, but i can not save the map. what can i do?

March 15, 2013, 07:52:59 AM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi. Are you getting the error "Could not save to file" when you try to save the modified world model? If so, it probably means that your user account is not allowed to modify files within your Bridge Command installation folder.

You can check this by finding your world model directory (Probably C:\Program Files\Bridge Command 4.5GPL\World), and trying to edit and save one of the world model files with notepad.

If this is the problem, you could re-install Bridge Command in a location where you do have write access (for example in a Bridge Command folder in My Documents), or change your user permissions so you do have write access to your 'World' folder.

If this does not solve the problem, let me know and I can investigate further.