Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Multiple Screens  (Read 12639 times)

September 01, 2009, 08:08:57 AM
    • View Profile
Any idea how we can extend this to use multiple screens? say 5 monitors to show 270 degrees view?

September 01, 2009, 07:02:44 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The coding side of this should not be too complicated, as multiple cameras are supported. I would expect Bridge Command to run slower than with one screen, but with a good graphics card this shouldn't be too serious a problem.

I'll have a look into the technology involved on the hardware side. You'd either need multiple graphics cards, or one high resolution card, with a splitter to display this across multiple screens. It would then be a question of making sure the Bridge Command window shows stretched across all screens, and locating the camera 'windows' so they went to the correct screens.

If you have any particular requirement in terms of hardware, or exactly what you want to do, let me know and I'll see what I can do to get it working for you.

September 02, 2009, 11:24:11 PM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I've had a quick look at this, and as expected the coding side isn't difficult. There's still some work to do, but I've proved that multiple cameras work fine.

In the attached screenshot, I've got four 'cameras' running, giving a full 360 degree field of view. With a suitable arrangement of the screens, and setting up the Bridge Command window to suit, I think this should work.

Let me know your particular requirements, and I'll see how I can get it working, and then generalise it so it should work for different arrangements.

February 03, 2010, 07:07:02 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Multiple screens have been added in the 4.1 release.