Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Bug reports  (Read 25747 times)

June 18, 2009, 08:20:50 PM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
If you find any bugs, or things that don't work as expected, please report them here.

June 24, 2015, 05:14:52 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile
good day. Your simulator is great. it is really help full. I want to modify world. but while using world editor I don't see any background pic. means no indication of land and water. Same to scenario editor also. Please help me to solve this out. Thank you

June 24, 2015, 08:58:51 PM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi. Does this just happen with one world model, or all ones. Also, does the map appear at any zoom level?

July 02, 2015, 06:34:00 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile
when I zoom it says no "background image. zoom out to sea map" when I zoom out I sea black. later I found line of land. But if there is any image that would be easier to plot any buoy or something. Thank you.

November 28, 2015, 12:01:27 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile
OpenGL problem on laptops whit Windows 7 and ATI Mobility Radeon. I have graphical problem exterior outside ship is White in simulation all white and radar white whit on or tow lines. I have sent feedback on whit form on:
https://bridgecommand.co.uk/Download#dev
I have a
ATI Mobility Radeon X1350
Code Name   RV515
Video Processor   ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7196)
Technology   90 nm
Adapter DAC Type   Internal DAC(400MHz)
Graphics unit in my laptop whit windows 7.

December 12, 2015, 07:09:26 PM
Reply #5
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, from a quick look around, it sounds like people are having problems with your graphics card and OpenGL. The thread at http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1175539 suggests trying to get the latest working driver from http://support.amd.com/en-us/download. I think this would have to be the latest Vista one, as I don't think AMD have released a Windows 7 driver for this card.

Alternatively, I'll be releasing a version of Bridge Command compiled with DirectX (probably 9) in the next few months, which may well help. This is all supported by Irrlicht (the graphics engine I'm using), but I need to obtain and install the right parts of the DirectX SDK to use with the rest of my tools.

Let me know any success/problems.

September 01, 2017, 02:25:16 PM
Reply #6
    • View Profile
I just tried to install BC5 on our multiple (elderly) laptops, all running XP. I did not succeed on any of them. Several showed featureless black narrow rectangles for letters, some showed letters OK, and ran the simulation, but the radar and console were not showing properly - eg no blue and no echoes; steering scale not displaying. I checked in detail with one: ATi Mobility Radion 9000, OpenGL installed. Set to 32-bit colour, 1024x768.  I can't find any minimum machine spec for running BC5. So far as I know, these laptops are fine for BC4.x 
BC5 runs fine on my desktop W10, except for the annoying horizon pixellation which I thought you had cured early on in the alpha stage.
Any ideas? Thanks,
Regards,
Bob.

September 27, 2019, 02:06:16 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile
Hi, I am downloading the file from a Mac and I get a message saying the app is damaged when I decompress the zip file. Anyone have that kind of a problem? Download from PowerBook pro, Mac os sierra 10.12.6

April 26, 2021, 08:27:47 PM
Reply #8
    • View Profile
Not sure if this was intentional.

On the website, page https://www.bridgecommand.co.uk/Doc/4.7/Using.php was very useful. In the current 5.x documentation, this page was omitted.

I think you might want to bring it back. For one thing, it has a list of keyboard commands that I couldn't find elsewhere.

Best,
Ed