Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Installation Problems  (Read 13451 times)

March 26, 2010, 08:06:23 PM
    • View Profile
I have downloaded the Setup File which is an  29.5 mb EFW File and when I try to open it nothing happens, I tried on 2 different Computers, any suggestions?

March 27, 2010, 08:55:21 AM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Can I just check if you're running Windows? Unfortunately Bridge Command currently only runs on a windows computer.

The file should be an executable (program file) - if you double click on it on a windows computer, it should run and start the installation.

Can you double check the extension? It should be .exe, and if it is, windows should recognise it as a program and run it.

Let me know if you're still having problems. I'm away without regular internet access at the moment, so apologies for any delays.

March 27, 2010, 03:23:32 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
I am running Windows XP and the file I downloaded:
bc41gpl_setup.1.2D0D17 it says it is an EFW File, it is not an .exe file that is available for download I have downloaded and installed on 2 different computers.

Thanks For your help, I appreciate your time.

March 28, 2010, 12:19:31 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It sounds as if you have CA Security Center or similar installed on your computer, which is renaming the installer file as .efw when you download it. If you manually rename the file as .exe it should run.

If you do not have file extensions shown for known files you may have to switch this on so you can change the extension (in Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, and make sure that the 'Hide extensions for known file types' is not checked).

March 29, 2010, 04:48:21 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile
You were absolutely right, I am running CA Security. Problem straightened out. I had this same problem with a couple of other things I downloaded, thanks for alerting me to the problem.

Nice little easy Simulator, I like it!

Thanks for your help and timely responses, and most importantly thanks for the game.

CC IV ;D