Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: multiple config files  (Read 3776 times)

August 25, 2021, 07:23:33 PM
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm about to build a complete bridge based on bridge command.
I got 5 55" monitors for 180 degree view in front, and some monitors for aft. view.
I will also have dedicated monitors for radar, heading, and rudder indicator.

I will also have real Furuno ecdis system on the bridge.

I really appreciate this software !!! But have some suggestions to fit my setup.

I got one pc running 4 monitors and one running 3 monitors.

I would like to:

1) Have multiple config files (It's okay to edit by hand and not via gui) and start bc with argument to point at config file - etc. ./bridgecommand.exe -c monitor1.conf 
2) Start bc at the right monitor, etc monitor=3 as entry in config file for windows monitor number 3
3) Start as a slave monitor.
4) Start with instruments hidden.
5) Start with radar in full screen.
6) Start as rudder or heading indicator.
7) Have keyboard shortcuts/joystick to control radar. (For use with external panel) Zoom +/-, Gain +/-, Rain +/-, Sea +/-, Arpa on/off etc.
8) I noticed that nmea is running quite slow and position drops  out on ecdis now, I tried both real comport and via network. (Position needs one time pr. sec.)
9) Wind data on NMEA could be really nice also.

As I build the bridge I might have more suggestions - But I think this is for now  :P :P

Once again - what a great software.

September 19, 2021, 01:33:56 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile
I like your setup and intend to build a similar one.

September 21, 2021, 11:10:19 PM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks for the suggestions, they all look useful. I assume you are setting things up so you can start up the multi-screen simulator automatically?

So far I have done 1, 3, 4 & 5, and these are included in https://github.com/bridgecommand/bc

I'll continue to have a look at the rest.

Some questions:
I think 6 is for the 'repeater' program?
For 7, I'll probably add joystick button mappings for these. I assume that would work for you?