Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Docking Scenarios?  (Read 7003 times)

June 07, 2021, 12:34:18 AM
    • View Profile
Hello,

Has anyone created a scenario or found a scenario where you can practice docking situations?

Thanks for any help

August 06, 2021, 01:53:28 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile
No, but I'm very interested in this too!

August 14, 2021, 10:21:36 PM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The next feature I'm working on is better interaction with the land/dockside so you don't just 'run aground'. I'm hoping to get something released on this in the next few months.

November 16, 2022, 06:22:48 PM
Reply #3
  • Officer of the Watch Deck
    • View Profile
Ive been working on a menai straits world model have one berth in there so far .. St Georges Pier

Im having issues with getting some of the graphics right, but have a little time over the next few weeks

If I can get azipods working fine then I'll model Shetland Trader, which is propelled by azipods and will try to model Kirkcaldy harbour which is probably one of the more challenging bits of manoeuvering on her regular runs.

November 16, 2022, 11:16:38 PM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That sounds great. I've now implemented azimuth stern drive modelling, and have it working with the VRinsight Azimuth Console 2. I need to build a full release for this, but get in touch if interested in testing it out.