Support > Bridge Command General Support

Reversing the joystick in ver 5.5.3

(1/3) > >>

edgreenberg:
Hello, I'm just now discovering Bridge Command. I've always wanted a ship simulator (and a tugboat :)).

I set up a saitek aircraft yoke and throttle quadrant, and although the yoke is correct for the rudder, both the throttles (once I found the correct axes) are reversed.  Push forward runs engines backwards.

In another posting back in 2017, the forum admin states that reversing the joysticks will be present in release 5.

Can somebody clue me in?

Thanks,
Ed Greenberg

forum_admin:
Hi,

You should be able to use the existing settings to do this. The joystick map converts the raw input to the engine proportion. If you use the settings editor, you should be able to flip the signs on the joystick_map(*,2) entries. So for example, you would change the from the default:

joystick_map(1,1)=-1
joystick_map(1,2)=-1
joystick_map(2,1)=-0.5
joystick_map(2,2)=-0.5

to:

joystick_map(1,1)=-1
joystick_map(1,2)=1
joystick_map(2,1)=-0.5
joystick_map(2,2)=0.5

Separately, I have added a feature to swap the rudder direction if needed, which will be in the next release (or is in the code/binaries on github), but I don't think you need this.

edgreenberg:
I will give it a try. Thanks.

edgreenberg:
Reversing the signs worked as expected.  Thank you. 

I would like to make some adjustments, but I still don't understand the relationship of the joystick_map(a,b) entries with the graph.  Could you explain a bit about the meaning of the three parameters on each line? 

Thanks,
Ed

forum_admin:
Hi, does the bottom section of https://www.bridgecommand.co.uk/Doc/joystick.php help with this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version