Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Suggestion - File Library  (Read 6079 times)

November 19, 2020, 10:46:39 PM
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've seen plenty of posts from people creating custom scenarios, terrain etc which is tremendously exciting! However, no one ever seems to post these to share?

Is anyone willing to share their BC creations?

I'm working on simple COLREG and RADAR training scenarios for use in our navy cadet bridge simulator and will gladly share them once complete. What have you created?

November 23, 2020, 12:17:31 AM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, a good idea, and one I should implement. It looks as if SMF (that powers the forum) has a download add-in, which I will explore.

August 06, 2021, 01:55:59 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
Has this progressed at all? I think collaboration could be a really powerful tool for our little community!

August 14, 2021, 10:05:23 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
How would you (any anyone else!) feel about using GitHub for this? I can create a repository of the current 'default' scenarios, which anyone could then fork, add their own scenarios, and submit a pull request so I could incorporate their submissions.

I have been looking at a more conventional 'file library', but I'm worried it would be difficult to avoid spammers and others trying to misuse this. Hopefully users don't see it, but most attempts to post in the forum are spam of some form!

Alternatively, if people want to email me with their scenarios, world models, ships etc., I'd be very happy to set up a file library where I would upload submissions myself.

October 12, 2021, 11:55:28 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile
I think github is a save way to share.

December 27, 2022, 10:23:20 AM
Reply #5
  • Officer of the Watch Deck
    • View Profile
I'll probably post up on github a rudimentary menai straits (north part of) model in the near future