Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: New radar and ballast operation interface  (Read 12583 times)

October 24, 2015, 06:31:48 PM
    • View Profile
Hi!

In last few months i focused development on BC4.6 version to add many changes which are based on professional maritime simulators.
New additions to simulator ranges from new dynamics, ballast operations, autopilot, bowthrusters to new  radar interface.
Below are links to screenshots of ballast operations and radar interface.

Radar interface is visual simulation of "Bridge Master E" radar
It have "off-centering" mode like in real equipment and VRM is added to radar like in BC4.7 version
RADAR

Code: [Select]
http://imageshack.com/a/img910/4467/zyaaKK.png
Ballast operations are one of new additions and simulates up to 4 ballast pumps and 45 ballast tanks.
BALLAST OPERATIONS

Code: [Select]
http://imageshack.com/a/img903/4756/tzGX0J.png
Current development of my Bridge Command version is largely unfinished, and needs much work in future before it will be ready for release. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:09:38 AM by yamato980 »

November 08, 2015, 12:30:43 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile
Great! I want to use that variation of Bridge Command when its ready! Whit trackball this radar interface can be realistic, a computor mouse works as well.

November 10, 2015, 08:42:32 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
Yes, radar interface is controlled with mouse like in original program. Off centering is possible to control with mouse or keyboard NumPad keys. In essence this is full screen "face-lifted" version of BC4.6 radar with added new features. I need to correct some things and add (reposition)PI lines mouse control and "beta" version will be ready for release. Please note that off centering mode don't have full sliding ability but user only can choose to off center "PPI" in one of possible directions (Front, left, right, back, front-left/right, back-left/right) for about 1.6 of current radar range. On maximum range off centering is not possible.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:45:01 PM by yamato980 »

December 12, 2015, 06:55:42 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks very much for sharing this, that looks like a great enhancement. I'm just in the process of re-implementing ARPA and other radar functions for the new 5.0 release, and it would be great to get your input on the new radar interface, if you'd be happy to help?

December 18, 2015, 01:21:38 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile
I would be glad to help.
If you want I will pack everything important about this modification and send it to you. (Only I need some time to organize and pack-up everything)

December 19, 2015, 02:51:45 PM
Reply #5
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks, please do package things up when you have time.