Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Multi-Screen in a single computer  (Read 27029 times)

April 23, 2018, 08:52:55 PM
    • View Profile
Is possible run Bridge command in multiple screens in one computer? I have a single computer with a graphic adapter with tree displays attached.

If is poosible, how I configure for this option.

Thanks in Advance

April 26, 2018, 04:15:21 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, at present it is possible to run two sessions of bridge command on one computer. Start the first Bridge Command window in 'Secondary' mode, then start the other window, entering 'localhost' as the hostname.

This should be useful to check that you get good speed and 3d acceleration on both screens.

I may be able to extend the networking so you can use more than one udp port, which would allow more than two windows on one computer.

Please let me know if two windows works.

April 26, 2018, 05:12:59 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
Yes

The two windows works fine.

Yours thinking implement more sessions in future versions? The ideal for use in one single computer is tree monitors.

I trying use more computers for increment a numbers of views.

This is a good simulator. Congratulations

Thanks

September 07, 2018, 11:24:07 AM
Reply #3
Are you planning to allow more sessions of bridge command on a single computer at some point btw? I think that'd be awesome if possible.

September 20, 2018, 03:39:23 PM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, yes, it's something I'm looking into.

November 27, 2018, 07:40:39 AM
Reply #5
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, I've just released version 5.4, which has multiple updates to allow multiple sessions of Bridge Command running on a single computer. The tutorial in the documentation has also been updated to describe this.

Please could you let me know how you get on with this.

December 19, 2018, 02:08:40 PM
Reply #6
    • View Profile
I tried using 3 monitors in a single computer following the tutorial instructions, but only two monitors load, the controller and one second. The other monitor is awaiting for connection. Is necessary anyone configuration?

December 20, 2018, 06:24:31 PM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

it's working now. I did not right the tutorial and did not see that it had to repeat the hostname, for the same number of screens that the program is running.

October 31, 2020, 02:53:22 PM
Reply #8
    • View Profile
Hello,
I am not into computers and gaming stuff, but I am studying for OOW at a maritime college and I am looking for a way to practice at home in order to improve my skills in the simulator class and exam.

I have bought a very good gaming PC with some of the best graphics on the market for this.
I am willing to buy additional screens if it is possible to spread the view to more screens from 1 single computer.
What I have read in the general description is that this is done with one computer per screen, but I would like to use just 1 computer alone.

I don't understand what has been said above about multiple sessions here.
What I would like to do is practice on my own, which I think is a single session on one computer.

But it would be nice to have the radar on a separate display, and also the rudder and engine controls and ecdis.

Is this possible somehow? For example, 1 laptop with 2 more screens: my gaming laptop in the middle displaying the lookout view and the rudder/engine controls, plus one screen on the left displaying Ecdis, plus another screen on the right displaying the radar?

Does that work, and if yes, how... and do I need any additional equipment or hardware?

Thank you very much
Sven

November 04, 2020, 10:05:27 PM
Reply #9
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi. Yes, you should be able to run Bridge Command on multiple monitors on the same PC.

To do this, you have multiple versions of Bridge Command running at the same time, with one controlling the scenario, and all the others just showing the 3d display or radar.

So yes, I think you should be able to do what you describe. Bridge Command doesn't give you an ECDIS display, but does provide NMEA data that can be used by an ECDIS.

So I think you would have:

Left screen: ECDIS program, recieving NMEA data from Bridge Command (this is set up by default, and Bridge Command will send NMEA data over UDP on port 10110 by default. You should be able to receive this in an ECDIS program)

Right screen: Radar display. When you start Bridge Command, you should see a little pop up window asking which screen to use. Drag this over to the right screen, and then choose 'Use as a secondary display'. You can then choose the full screen radar display.

Main screen: The main view and controls. This time drag the little pop up window to the main screen (if it isn't already there), and in the hostname box, type localhost (this will ensure that it sends data to the secondary program). Make sure you've started the secondary one before this.

Let me know if you have any queries or problems!

October 02, 2022, 04:46:39 PM
Reply #10
    • View Profile
Hi!
Could you please advice me how can i find the local host bame?
Thank you!

October 02, 2022, 06:19:53 PM
Reply #11
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
You can just type in 'localhost' (without the quote marks). This is a special name used by all computers to refer to themselves.

Alternatively, when you start Bridge Command in secondary mode, and it is waiting for the main session to start, it will tell you the computer's actual name on the network, which you can use instead if you want.

Let me know if this isn't clear!

October 16, 2022, 11:26:39 AM
Reply #12
    • View Profile
That works fine!Thank you very much

October 16, 2022, 11:48:09 AM
Reply #13
    • View Profile