Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Own-ship models  (Read 21872 times)

January 19, 2016, 12:05:55 PM
    • View Profile
Hi!!!
First I would like thank the people who have contributed in the development of Bridge Command and have been generous enough to share it with the world!!! Hats Off for this great Simulator.

I was trying to incorporate new own-ship models into the Bridge Command Software.
The ship model available with me was container.x file (size 58 MB). I copied the boat.ini file from an existing ship model "Waverly" and made a few changes to it.
While running the BC on stand-alone mode, the program crashed. Probably the size of my ship model (58MB) was the cause.
Kindly advise whether there are any restrictions on the size of the ship models to be used.
If the size is not an issue, then please let me know what could be the other reason for the program crash.
Thank you.

January 19, 2016, 08:07:31 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile
looking forward to your container ship.

Forum Admin will probably give you better explanation of problem with 3d models but how I remember there is  a limit in number of vertex points in model. Somewhere around 20000 or 40000 I think. So that nice and detailed models are off limits to BC. Try to lower the number in details like fences, antennas, deck equipment etc. and preserve general shape of the ship. Lack of details in model try to counter with higher quality textures.  like in "Waverly" example.