Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Custom program name  (Read 10744 times)

July 02, 2015, 06:47:38 AM
    • View Profile
good day sir. I am very much interested in bridge command. I want to set a custom name for this program. First of all I am not a programmer. I have tried to edit bc4.bb to have custom name of the program instead of "Bridge command". Is there any way to change it. that would be great to me.

Thank you for such a simulator. Be blessed Mr. James Packer

July 02, 2015, 07:52:22 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello. To change the displayed program name, you just need to edit the bc4.ini file.

Change the line
Code: [Select]
name=to
Code: [Select]
name="Your Simulator Name"

July 06, 2015, 03:59:41 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
Thank you for your reply. this information was helpful for me. But if I put a name "institute" it shows "Institute powered by bridge Command" I want to have it in this form " bridge command powered by Institute" I tried to edit bc4.bb by ultraedit and bc4.exe file pe explorer. I cant do anything. If you kindly agree the change of name please tell me where to change. otherwise current form of name is also satisfactory.
have a good day sir

July 06, 2015, 08:24:11 AM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, if you search through bc4.bb for the word 'AppTitle', these set the program window title.

The title text shown on screen is set in lines 1316-1319 (for version 4.6).

July 07, 2015, 05:49:49 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile
thank you sir