Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Inland radar  (Read 7603 times)

October 14, 2014, 05:29:57 PM
    • View Profile
Hi

Do you know if there is smth like this but for inland? We use a diferent type of Radar (im inland skipper)  but in many ports useage of inland radar is obligatory.

It would be great if it would be posible to practise inland sailing and radar sailing  but an river radar is really different to what i see here.
Also the ability to import ecdis chartswould be great, that would enable an almost global map as many regions are freely available.

If we could then integrate with ais that would be awesome, we could get the ais data and have life traffic on our simulation

any thoughts about that?

October 25, 2014, 08:32:35 AM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Integrating with AIS data for real shipping is certainly something I'd like to include in the future. Unfortunately it's quite difficult to go from electronic charts to a world model for the simulator, both because of chart encryption and the amount of data needed, but I will try and investigate this to see if anything can be done.

For inland radar, can you comment more on the differences from standard radar and from the current simulation? I am in the process of re-writing the simulator at the moment, and any input, including photos or examples of radar features to include would be very useful.

Thanks,

James