Support > Environment models

Create New Worlds II

(1/2) > >>

ignacio70:
Hi I wonder if there is any tutorial that explains how to create a new world / scenario, I would like to collaborate with the project creating new worlds / scenarios for the simulator. Follow the instructions in the previous post but I do not understand how to generate the ground with the program L3DT. Thanks

forum_admin:
Hi, apologies for the delay in replying, I have been very busy recently.

I will try and create a simple step by step tutorial showing how to load a height map and create the world model. Are you interested in simulating a real area, or would you like to create a new virtual training area?

ignacio70:
Hello thank you very much for the reply, I'm interested in both. I try to create a world model of the Argentine coast, but if you create a simple step by step tutorial i could work on both types of world model.

I think its a very good idea to create a simulator open source code, Congratulations. I'm not an expert programmer, but I'm at your disposal to help.

If you want I can translate to Spanish the project documentation.

Johan:
Argentine cost good idea! For Argentine waters their are sea charts available in BSB format! I think to focus on parts of the world and areas where their is sea charts available on-line that works whit OpenCPN! For more info on that issue http://opencpn.org/ocpn/chart_sources and http://opencpn.org/ocpn/chart_formats
I'm interested in areas like pacific ocean that US NOAA and Land Information New Zealand has good available coverage for.
Brazilian and Argentine areas. Inland-water ways in Germany. The vector charts for Netherlands is interesting.
Can flightgear world scenery be a good inspiration? Bridge command need more detailed water depth information.

forum_admin:
I am currently in the process of putting together a tutorial, using L3DT to create a new world area, and then importing into Bridge Command. I will try to have this ready next week.

Thanks for your offer of help with translation. This may be very useful, as I am currently developing the next version of Bridge Command, and I hope to set this up to allow translation more easily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version