Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: How to add Buoy in BC 5.0  (Read 19937 times)

May 24, 2017, 04:04:14 AM
    • View Profile
hello,
I want add a buoy in my world,but in Scenario Editor I do not find how to do on version 5.0
Thank you for your help!

Quyet Tran.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:47:06 AM by redeye001 »

May 25, 2017, 08:32:20 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi. There isn't a world model editor distributed with Bridge Command 5 at the moment, but it's quite easy to add a buoy to the world model.

If you find the name of the buoy you want to add (as in the Models/Buoy folder), then use a text editor to open up the buoy.ini file in the world model.

The file looks something like this

Code: [Select]
Number=3

Type(1)="Port"
Long(1)=-4.135
Lat(1)=52.407

Type(2)="RY"
Long(2)=-4.299
Lat(2)=55.004

Type(3)="Mooring"
Long(3)=-4.505
Lat(3)=52.702

Where '3' is the number of buoys, the 'Type' is the buoy name, and the lat/long is the position in decimal degrees (North and East positive). TO find the position, you could use the scenario editor, which shows the position of the screen centre.

Have a look at the buoy.ini section of the 'World model specification' in the documentation if you want any more information, or ask here.