Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Registration is only required if you want to post, and is not needed to read any posts. To avoid excess 'spam' accounts, all accounts where no posts have been made will be deleted after two weeks. Please register again if you wish to post.

Author Topic: Ship console config 5.4  (Read 19962 times)

November 07, 2019, 11:10:30 PM
    • View Profile
I am using the VRinsight ship console, but I can't obtain functionality with Bridge Command.
After much trial & error, and editing the %appdata%/Bridge Command/5.0/bc5.ini, I can access the rudder control but not the throttles (still only activated by the keyboard). The Win 10 64 bit OS can see & calibrate the console, but not Bridge Command.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

November 29, 2019, 01:37:43 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile
Hi, Mr. Packer has a nice little tool for Joystick inputs to edit the INI file for VR Insight console. I have it on a Facebook page in the download section. If you email him he can probably send it to you or you can download it from Ship Simulation in a Sea Cadet Environment Facebook Page.
Cheers

December 18, 2019, 03:39:02 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile
I had the same problem. rudder control is ok, but throttles have no response in bridge command.

The JoystickState.exe is useful to detect the channel number for rudder control(6), left throttle ( 8 ) and right throttle(7). In addition, the INI file has been configured according the channel number.

Do you solve this problem?

Thank you!

Note: Edited by forum_admin as the ( 8 ) was converted into (8).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 08:41:11 AM by forum_admin »

February 22, 2021, 10:39:33 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just as an update, the problems with the Ship Console should be fixed since version 5.4.3.

Based on reports from users, one of the following settings should work:

port_throttle_channel=8
stbd_throttle_channel=7
rudder_channel=6

or

port_throttle_channel=3
stbd_throttle_channel=2
rudder_channel=1

Ship console users - please let me know what works for you!

October 07, 2022, 07:28:29 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile
Hi!I try to play the version 4.6 but throttles (shipdrive) are doing exactly reverse motions.
Fir example when i make port throttle astern by my console,then the ship is going ahead port and vice versa.
Please help me to solve it